Our involvement with Plone goes to the inception of this award-winning CMS. Enfold Systems president, Alan Runyan, co-founded the Plone project and later the Plone Foundation. Since the beginning, Enfold has hosted conferences & events, contributed software and dedicated resources to enable the use of Plone in organizations of all sizes.
Some of our efforts to evolve and promote Plone include:
- Alan Runyan, Enfold's President, co-founded Plone and the Plone Foundation.
- Hosted the first Plone Conference and two subsequent Plone Symposiums in New Orleans.
- Publish A User's guide to Plone for those who use Plone on a daily basis to write and approve content.
- Enfold Proxy available to provide robust Plone integration with Microsoft's IIS web server.
- Enfold Server released freely to provide a Plone distribution tightly integrated with Windows.
- Enfold Desktop released freely to provide extensible WebDAV support for the Plone CMS.
- Deployed the first Plone site using the Varnish reverse caching server on the Linux platform.
- Hosted Ploneablity and numerous World Plone Day events in Houston.
- Developed the first "pure" Zope 3 application and deployed the first Zope/Plone project that used Zope 3 components.
- Enfold Systems continues to contribute bug fixes, enhancements and new feature resulting from client projects and in-house development projects to Plone and the open source community.
- Several Enfold Systems staff are/have been Plone Foundation members, officers and served on the Board of Directors.